Having recently left Lil’ Jon‘s BME Recordings, Lil’ Scrappy is hoping to find a brand-new sound for himself on his forthcoming third album, Grustle. On the brand new swag-filled, Stand Up, Scrappy shows us his guts and self-sufficiency. Rapping over a synth-brass production courtesy of producer Don Vito, Scrappy’s vocal tone and rhyme scheme sound eerily familiar to fellow Vito client, T.I.. Whatever the case, a guest spot from Lil’ Wayne (circa Carter II) adds an energy to the track and proves that at least some artists can maintain originality. Stylistic issues aside, Stand Up remains a heavy-hitting jam that should get some serious spins.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/08
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah ft. Sean Paul of Young Bloodz & E-40" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)