With Chief Keef currently making big moves on the national scene, I Don’t Like partner-in-rhyme Lil Reese seems poised to follow in his footsteps. As evidence of his rising stock in the game, the 20-year-old Def Jam signee (and DJBooth newcomer) enlists a couple of prominent guests for the official remix of Traffic, a mixtape single which originally dropped in 2012. Joining the headliner over Young Chop‘s minimal, yet effective trap boardwork, Young Jeezy lends his gruff Southern flows to the record’s middle portion, and local stalwart Twista echoes Reese’s cutthroat depiction of the Chi-town street life in a rapid-fire closing verse. This rendition of Traffic isn’t tied to a larger project, but fans can find the original and much more on Lil Reese’s Don’t Like street album, released to the ‘net last summer.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Like Chop" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.