With Chief Keef currently making big moves on the national scene, I Don’t Like partner-in-rhyme Lil Reese seems poised to follow in his footsteps. As evidence of his rising stock in the game, the 20-year-old Def Jam signee (and DJBooth newcomer) enlists a couple of prominent guests for the official remix of Traffic, a mixtape single which originally dropped in 2012. Joining the headliner over Young Chop‘s minimal, yet effective trap boardwork, Young Jeezy lends his gruff Southern flows to the record’s middle portion, and local stalwart Twista echoes Reese’s cutthroat depiction of the Chi-town street life in a rapid-fire closing verse. This rendition of Traffic isn’t tied to a larger project, but fans can find the original and much more on Lil Reese’s Don’t Like street album, released to the ‘net last summer.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Like Chop" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.