With Chief Keef currently making big moves on the national scene, I Don’t Like partner-in-rhyme Lil Reese seems poised to follow in his footsteps. As evidence of his rising stock in the game, the 20-year-old Def Jam signee (and DJBooth newcomer) enlists a couple of prominent guests for the official remix of Traffic, a mixtape single which originally dropped in 2012. Joining the headliner over Young Chop‘s minimal, yet effective trap boardwork, Young Jeezy lends his gruff Southern flows to the record’s middle portion, and local stalwart Twista echoes Reese’s cutthroat depiction of the Chi-town street life in a rapid-fire closing verse. This rendition of Traffic isn’t tied to a larger project, but fans can find the original and much more on Lil Reese’s Don’t Like street album, released to the ‘net last summer.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Like Chop" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)