With Chief Keef currently making big moves on the national scene, I Don’t Like partner-in-rhyme Lil Reese seems poised to follow in his footsteps. As evidence of his rising stock in the game, the 20-year-old Def Jam signee (and DJBooth newcomer) enlists a couple of prominent guests for the official remix of Traffic, a mixtape single which originally dropped in 2012. Joining the headliner over Young Chop‘s minimal, yet effective trap boardwork, Young Jeezy lends his gruff Southern flows to the record’s middle portion, and local stalwart Twista echoes Reese’s cutthroat depiction of the Chi-town street life in a rapid-fire closing verse. This rendition of Traffic isn’t tied to a larger project, but fans can find the original and much more on Lil Reese’s Don’t Like street album, released to the ‘net last summer.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Like Chop" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.