No, Booth newcomer Lil Nardy wasn’t vacationing in Chernobyl this summer. That pale light emanating from the Mobile, Alabama emcee’s body is The Glow of impending stardom. On this street-ready cut, the inaugural release off his next mixtape, a booming DBeatz production backs the artist as he flaunts his God-given talents and cuts his competition down to size. He delivers his braggadocio and trash-talk with a revolutionary political twist, comparing himself to “a Black Panther with a pistol,” and telling rivals, “I’m more like Marcus Garvey, y’all n**gas like Steve Harvey.” S.T. 2 Lettaz, the G-Side alum who brought us The G back in February, contributes a larger-than-life guest 16. Has The Glow left you craving more? Then keep it locked for further singles leading up to the September 30, release of Lil Nardy’s forthcoming, DJ Burn One/Dirty Glove Bastard-hosted street album, Up in Smoke.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.