No, Booth newcomer Lil Nardy wasn’t vacationing in Chernobyl this summer. That pale light emanating from the Mobile, Alabama emcee’s body is The Glow of impending stardom. On this street-ready cut, the inaugural release off his next mixtape, a booming DBeatz production backs the artist as he flaunts his God-given talents and cuts his competition down to size. He delivers his braggadocio and trash-talk with a revolutionary political twist, comparing himself to “a Black Panther with a pistol,” and telling rivals, “I’m more like Marcus Garvey, y’all n**gas like Steve Harvey.” S.T. 2 Lettaz, the G-Side alum who brought us The G back in February, contributes a larger-than-life guest 16. Has The Glow left you craving more? Then keep it locked for further singles leading up to the September 30, release of Lil Nardy’s forthcoming, DJ Burn One/Dirty Glove Bastard-hosted street album, Up in Smoke.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.