The self-proclaimed ‘Voice of the Young People,’ Lil’ Mama, is back with another new single before the end of the year. Following the buzz-worthy hit, Lip Gloss, and the rather-disappointing, G-Slide Tour Bus, is Make It Hot. Over a waning horn section Mama comes on the mic sounding like vintage Erykah Badu; ten seconds into the song, however, that comparison is long gone. What helped Lil’ Mama achieve mainstream notoriety and a recording contract with Jive Records is her ability to spit rhymes. Thus, she would be wise to kick the singing and stick to what works best for her: rap.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.