The self-proclaimed ‘Voice of the Young People,’ Lil’ Mama, is back with another new single before the end of the year. Following the buzz-worthy hit, Lip Gloss, and the rather-disappointing, G-Slide Tour Bus, is Make It Hot. Over a waning horn section Mama comes on the mic sounding like vintage Erykah Badu; ten seconds into the song, however, that comparison is long gone. What helped Lil’ Mama achieve mainstream notoriety and a recording contract with Jive Records is her ability to spit rhymes. Thus, she would be wise to kick the singing and stick to what works best for her: rap.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.