The self-proclaimed ‘Voice of the Young People,’ Lil’ Mama, is back with another new single before the end of the year. Following the buzz-worthy hit, Lip Gloss, and the rather-disappointing, G-Slide Tour Bus, is Make It Hot. Over a waning horn section Mama comes on the mic sounding like vintage Erykah Badu; ten seconds into the song, however, that comparison is long gone. What helped Lil’ Mama achieve mainstream notoriety and a recording contract with Jive Records is her ability to spit rhymes. Thus, she would be wise to kick the singing and stick to what works best for her: rap.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)