The self-proclaimed ‘Voice of the Young People,’ Lil’ Mama, is back with another new single before the end of the year. Following the buzz-worthy hit, Lip Gloss, and the rather-disappointing, G-Slide Tour Bus, is Make It Hot. Over a waning horn section Mama comes on the mic sounding like vintage Erykah Badu; ten seconds into the song, however, that comparison is long gone. What helped Lil’ Mama achieve mainstream notoriety and a recording contract with Jive Records is her ability to spit rhymes. Thus, she would be wise to kick the singing and stick to what works best for her: rap.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.