New Jive artist Lil’ Mama, appears from the New York rap scene, with the single Lip Gloss from her upcoming debut album, The Voice of the Young People. She is young and she is here to fill a void. The void left by female rap artists of the past. Her ode to lip gloss is set to an up-tempo, beat courtesy of James “Groove” Chambers, and is frankly the ear catcher of the song. Lil Mama’s performance shows her age, as she clashes with solid production work, thus making the song seem noisy and chaotic. Women young and old all wear lip gloss, time will tell if they all will embrace the future of female rap.
Written by Chicki on 02/15/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tour Bus (G-Slide)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.