New Jive artist Lil’ Mama, appears from the New York rap scene, with the single Lip Gloss from her upcoming debut album, The Voice of the Young People. She is young and she is here to fill a void. The void left by female rap artists of the past. Her ode to lip gloss is set to an up-tempo, beat courtesy of James “Groove” Chambers, and is frankly the ear catcher of the song. Lil Mama’s performance shows her age, as she clashes with solid production work, thus making the song seem noisy and chaotic. Women young and old all wear lip gloss, time will tell if they all will embrace the future of female rap.
Written by Chicki on 02/15/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tour Bus (G-Slide)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.