New Jive artist Lil’ Mama, appears from the New York rap scene, with the single Lip Gloss from her upcoming debut album, The Voice of the Young People. She is young and she is here to fill a void. The void left by female rap artists of the past. Her ode to lip gloss is set to an up-tempo, beat courtesy of James “Groove” Chambers, and is frankly the ear catcher of the song. Lil Mama’s performance shows her age, as she clashes with solid production work, thus making the song seem noisy and chaotic. Women young and old all wear lip gloss, time will tell if they all will embrace the future of female rap.
Listen to More: Lil' Mama Written by Chicki
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tour Bus (G-Slide)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.