Emcee, trendsetter, and lip-gloss-popper Lil’ Mama has done a lot to prove herself as the Voice of the Young People since the release of her first mainstream single, Lip Gloss last year. The Harlem-born spitter has shown that she is a nonconformist, at least by “femcee” standards, and has earned herself a spot on the Billboard’s top ten on two occasions. Unfortunately, with the untimely passing of her mother this past winter, Lil’ Mama has had to deal with tragedy in the wake of success. L.I.F.E., the fourth single off of VYP, features production from fellow Brooklynites Tuneheadz, and offers gritty insight into her past. “I ain’t got no pictures of my mother, she was a crack fiend, nothing like Pac mother” shows us the antithesis of the high-school hip-pop diva we were introduced to, and gives us reason to believe there may be another side to her voice.
Listen to More: Lil' Mama Written by Erica L.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!