In the course of Lil Mama‘s career to date, we’ve seen several sides of the Harlem-born femcee; though she hit the scene as a Lip Gloss-popping teenybopper, her account of her rough childhood on fourth single L.I.F.E. revealed surprising lyrical depth. Now, with the lead single off her currently-untitled sophomore LP, she’s stepping into the spotlight as a dance-pop songstress who’s proud to say, “I’m A Diva.” Though Mama’s lyrics, which focus on her sassiness and fashion sense, aren’t going to appeal to everyone, this is the kind of club-oriented cut that truly lives or dies on the strength of its beat and hook; fortunately, the synth-heavy production stylings of Bloodshy and Avant (not the singer) and the catchy chorus should be enough to have I’m a Diva running through listeners’ heads, as well as pumping through club sound systems. Lil Mama’s sophomore LP currently lacks an official release date – stay tuned for further details.
Written by richard on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.