Despite receiving a massive amount of media coverage over the past year (thanks to the success of Lip Gloss and her verse on Avril Lavigne’s Girlfriend remix), the executives at Jive Records have yet to grant Lil’ Mama a solid release date for her debut, Voice of the Young People. Hoping to give the suits some incentive, Mama collabs with urban music’s most common go-to-guy, T-Pain, for Shawty Get Loose. Before overlooking this track because of its feature, give Lil’ Mama a chance; her addictive flow sounds like she’s surfing the beat. The ideal song for teen club DJ’s to rotate late at night, Shawty Get Loose will translate into more promotion for the teen sensation and a date in which the new Voice of the Young People will be heard.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)