Despite receiving a massive amount of media coverage over the past year (thanks to the success of Lip Gloss and her verse on Avril Lavigne’s Girlfriend remix), the executives at Jive Records have yet to grant Lil’ Mama a solid release date for her debut, Voice of the Young People. Hoping to give the suits some incentive, Mama collabs with urban music’s most common go-to-guy, T-Pain, for Shawty Get Loose. Before overlooking this track because of its feature, give Lil’ Mama a chance; her addictive flow sounds like she’s surfing the beat. The ideal song for teen club DJ’s to rotate late at night, Shawty Get Loose will translate into more promotion for the teen sensation and a date in which the new Voice of the Young People will be heard.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.