Despite receiving a massive amount of media coverage over the past year (thanks to the success of Lip Gloss and her verse on Avril Lavigne’s Girlfriend remix), the executives at Jive Records have yet to grant Lil’ Mama a solid release date for her debut, Voice of the Young People. Hoping to give the suits some incentive, Mama collabs with urban music’s most common go-to-guy, T-Pain, for Shawty Get Loose. Before overlooking this track because of its feature, give Lil’ Mama a chance; her addictive flow sounds like she’s surfing the beat. The ideal song for teen club DJ’s to rotate late at night, Shawty Get Loose will translate into more promotion for the teen sensation and a date in which the new Voice of the Young People will be heard.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lip Gloss" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.