After serving time in prison Lil’ Kim made her comeback to mainstream by collaborating on Keyshia Cole’s single, Let It Go, alongside Missy Elliott. While the video for the aforementioned single had a “girls’ night out” theme, the Queen Bee’s new solo single, Chillin’ Tonight, has her at home with her man. While it’s hard to get past the thought of that man being Ray-J (who clearly has a thing for women named Kim), solid saxophone-laced production enhances Chillin’ Tonight and continues Kim’s proven hit-formula. Lil’ Kim will release her untitled fifth studio album sometime in 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
Queen Bee/Roc Nation
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn For Life" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.