It’s been a minute since Lil Jon‘s hoarse ad-libs and bass-booming beats last graced our pages; though he made an appearance on will.i.am‘s Reach for the Stars last summer, the Crunk King’s hasn’t been featured on the solo tip since bringing us Miss Hot Chocolate back in February of 2010. Today, the ATLien makes his long-awaited return to our pages with a freshly-released promo single. Work is a stripped-down banger designed for the express purpose of getting bodies moving. Over his own sparse boardwork, a syncopated percussion rhythm which morphs into a military tattoo on the bridge, Jon urges the ladies in the house to shake what God gave ‘em. Does Work have the makings of a club hit? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Lil Jon’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.