It’s been a minute since Lil Jon‘s hoarse ad-libs and bass-booming beats last graced our pages; though he made an appearance on will.i.am‘s Reach for the Stars last summer, the Crunk King’s hasn’t been featured on the solo tip since bringing us Miss Hot Chocolate back in February of 2010. Today, the ATLien makes his long-awaited return to our pages with a freshly-released promo single. Work is a stripped-down banger designed for the express purpose of getting bodies moving. Over his own sparse boardwork, a syncopated percussion rhythm which morphs into a military tattoo on the bridge, Jon urges the ladies in the house to shake what God gave ‘em. Does Work have the makings of a club hit? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Lil Jon’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.