After a whopping three years’ worth of delays, Lil Jon‘s solo debut is set to finally hit store shelves in March of 2010. Well, tentatively set to hit store shelves… If there’s one thing that will ensure his album drops before the world ends (2012 isn’t that far off, folks!) it’s a club smash, and the Crunk King’s hoping that this newly-released single will fit the bill. Over DJ Montay‘s mid-tempo instrumental, driven by staccato synths and string stabs, Jon asks all the ladies in the spot to “Pop That p*ssy and shake that ass” for his viewing pleasure. Guest singer Blaze supplements the headliner’s characteristically hyped-up howls with some smoother hook and backing vocals, as well as inviting females to “Shake it like Beyoncé, shake it like a dog…” on the middle verse (I assume he’s offering two different options, not comparing B. to a wet dog). This track’s dancefloor-packing potential is obvious, but will it provide the push Lil’ Jon’s forthcoming full-length needs? As always, I’ll leave it to Booth readers to make the final call.
Written by richard on 12/8/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.