After a whopping three years’ worth of delays, Lil Jon‘s solo debut is set to finally hit store shelves in March of 2010. Well, tentatively set to hit store shelves… If there’s one thing that will ensure his album drops before the world ends (2012 isn’t that far off, folks!) it’s a club smash, and the Crunk King’s hoping that this newly-released single will fit the bill. Over DJ Montay‘s mid-tempo instrumental, driven by staccato synths and string stabs, Jon asks all the ladies in the spot to “Pop That p*ssy and shake that ass” for his viewing pleasure. Guest singer Blaze supplements the headliner’s characteristically hyped-up howls with some smoother hook and backing vocals, as well as inviting females to “Shake it like Beyoncé, shake it like a dog…” on the middle verse (I assume he’s offering two different options, not comparing B. to a wet dog). This track’s dancefloor-packing potential is obvious, but will it provide the push Lil’ Jon’s forthcoming full-length needs? As always, I’ll leave it to Booth readers to make the final call.
Written by richard on 12/8/09
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.