In late January, we brought readers Killas, an Ice Cube and Game collabo that marked Lil’ Jon‘s return to the Booth after more than a year. Now, the King of Crunk is officially reclaiming his throne with a new single, an incomplete version of which previously leaked to the net (in fact, Willy Northpole used that leak as the backdrop for his Booth-exclusive The Coldest freestyle). This time around, Jon cedes his usual all-around role to another hypeman/producer—when Swizz Beatz asks whether anybody’s representing anymore, Jon’s quick to respond, “I Do!” Thanks in large part to Swizzy’s beat, I Do is sure to get listeners hyped up at clubs from ATL to NYC to fellow collaborator Snoop Dogg‘s hometown of Long Beach, CA and beyond. For the return of pure, non-watered-down crunk in all its glory, look no further than Lil’ Jon’s long-awaited Crunk Rock, which will finally hit record stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.