In late January, we brought readers Killas, an Ice Cube and Game collabo that marked Lil’ Jon‘s return to the Booth after more than a year. Now, the King of Crunk is officially reclaiming his throne with a new single, an incomplete version of which previously leaked to the net (in fact, Willy Northpole used that leak as the backdrop for his Booth-exclusive The Coldest freestyle). This time around, Jon cedes his usual all-around role to another hypeman/producer—when Swizz Beatz asks whether anybody’s representing anymore, Jon’s quick to respond, “I Do!” Thanks in large part to Swizzy’s beat, I Do is sure to get listeners hyped up at clubs from ATL to NYC to fellow collaborator Snoop Dogg‘s hometown of Long Beach, CA and beyond. For the return of pure, non-watered-down crunk in all its glory, look no further than Lil’ Jon’s long-awaited Crunk Rock, which will finally hit record stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.