I’m pretty sure shots and track-reviewing don’t mix, and I’m positive I couldn’t get much work done with my hands in the air, but, still, I can hardly think of a better way to kick off my day (it’s around 9:00 AM as I write this) than with a huge cup of coffee and a few hoarse words of encouragement from Lil Jon. Seriously—I’m feeling pretty damned motivated! On new single Give It All U Got, the recent Universal Republic signee does what he does best: gets the crowd hyped, moving, and thirsty. Backed by Red One‘s scorching synths, this cut is considerably smoother-edged than its Snoop Dogg/Swizz Beatz-assisted predecessor, but the Crunk King’s raucous take on the “fire on the dancefloor” theme is undeniably intoxicating, and Kee‘s infectious sing/shout-along hook should ensure the figurative flames reach to the ceiling wherever this track’s spun. Watch for the long-awaited Crunk Rock, Lil Jon’s first album without the East Side Boyz, to hit stores November 24th via BME/Universal.
Written by richard on 09/7/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.