I’m pretty sure shots and track-reviewing don’t mix, and I’m positive I couldn’t get much work done with my hands in the air, but, still, I can hardly think of a better way to kick off my day (it’s around 9:00 AM as I write this) than with a huge cup of coffee and a few hoarse words of encouragement from Lil Jon. Seriously—I’m feeling pretty damned motivated! On new single Give It All U Got, the recent Universal Republic signee does what he does best: gets the crowd hyped, moving, and thirsty. Backed by Red One‘s scorching synths, this cut is considerably smoother-edged than its Snoop Dogg/Swizz Beatz-assisted predecessor, but the Crunk King’s raucous take on the “fire on the dancefloor” theme is undeniably intoxicating, and Kee‘s infectious sing/shout-along hook should ensure the figurative flames reach to the ceiling wherever this track’s spun. Watch for the long-awaited Crunk Rock, Lil Jon’s first album without the East Side Boyz, to hit stores November 24th via BME/Universal.
Written by richard on 09/7/09
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.