I’m pretty sure shots and track-reviewing don’t mix, and I’m positive I couldn’t get much work done with my hands in the air, but, still, I can hardly think of a better way to kick off my day (it’s around 9:00 AM as I write this) than with a huge cup of coffee and a few hoarse words of encouragement from Lil Jon. Seriously—I’m feeling pretty damned motivated! On new single Give It All U Got, the recent Universal Republic signee does what he does best: gets the crowd hyped, moving, and thirsty. Backed by Red One‘s scorching synths, this cut is considerably smoother-edged than its Snoop Dogg/Swizz Beatz-assisted predecessor, but the Crunk King’s raucous take on the “fire on the dancefloor” theme is undeniably intoxicating, and Kee‘s infectious sing/shout-along hook should ensure the figurative flames reach to the ceiling wherever this track’s spun. Watch for the long-awaited Crunk Rock, Lil Jon’s first album without the East Side Boyz, to hit stores November 24th via BME/Universal.
Written by richard on 09/7/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.