Soon after leaving the now-defunct TVT Records, Lil’ Jon signed a multifaceted deal with Universal Republic. In addition to serving as an A&R and talent scout, the King of Crunk finally has a new label home to release the long-delayed Crunk Rock (due out later this year). On a newly-released track (which may or may not appear on the forthcoming album) Jon gives a shout-out to Killas nationwide. The Game rides off the momentum of Jon’s breakneck contribution before segueing into Ice Cube‘s verse, on which he addresses the double-standards outsiders hold in regard to rap, even taking a swipe at emcees who refuse to use vulgarities. Put all that together with a chugging electric-guitar beat, and you’ve got the archetypical Lil’ Jon record – hard, fast, and sure to get the crowd moving.
Written by Burmy on 01/28/09
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.