Lil’ Jon dropped the number one hit single Snap Your Fingers back in the spring of 2006. Since then, very little material has been heard from The King of Crunk; fans anxiously awaiting the solo album, Crunk Rock (scheduled for released next year). With a mediocre response for the single, Act A Fool, Lil Jon is hoping to recapture the hype on I’m A J with two of ATL’s biggest rising stars, Fabo of D4L and Gucci Mane. The record is everything you would expect from a Lil Jon produced track: a screaming hook backed up by a heavy bass-line and powerful high-hat. Lil Jon repetitively brags about his extensive and diverse drug use in a simplistic chorus, “I’m a J, I’m A J/All I do is smoke weed all day/I’m a J, I’m a J/All I do is pop pills all day.” Crunk ain’t dead? Let’s just hope Lil Jon’s chain is true.
Written by email@example.com on 10/21/07
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.