Lil’ Jon dropped the number one hit single Snap Your Fingers back in the spring of 2006. Since then, very little material has been heard from The King of Crunk; fans anxiously awaiting the solo album, Crunk Rock (scheduled for released next year). With a mediocre response for the single, Act A Fool, Lil Jon is hoping to recapture the hype on I’m A J with two of ATL’s biggest rising stars, Fabo of D4L and Gucci Mane. The record is everything you would expect from a Lil Jon produced track: a screaming hook backed up by a heavy bass-line and powerful high-hat. Lil Jon repetitively brags about his extensive and diverse drug use in a simplistic chorus, “I’m a J, I’m A J/All I do is smoke weed all day/I’m a J, I’m a J/All I do is pop pills all day.” Crunk ain’t dead? Let’s just hope Lil Jon’s chain is true.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org on 10/21/07
Submit your Rating
Little Jonathan Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.