22-year old Birmingham, Alabama MC Lil’ Haze might have just released the very song that could put his city on the mainstream hip-hop map for good. Whut It Iz has everything a Southern artist would need to make a hit: a new catchphrase for the hook (answering “what it is” with “what it ain’t”), a well-established collaboration (sure-shot ATL entertainers the Ying Yang Twins), and a club-ready synth-powered beat. While it might not be ideal for those home computer speakers, Haze had other types of speakers (club and car stereos) in mind when he put together this banger. His debut album, Doin’ Da Most, should hit the streets later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.