22-year old Birmingham, Alabama MC Lil’ Haze might have just released the very song that could put his city on the mainstream hip-hop map for good. Whut It Iz has everything a Southern artist would need to make a hit: a new catchphrase for the hook (answering “what it is” with “what it ain’t”), a well-established collaboration (sure-shot ATL entertainers the Ying Yang Twins), and a club-ready synth-powered beat. While it might not be ideal for those home computer speakers, Haze had other types of speakers (club and car stereos) in mind when he put together this banger. His debut album, Doin’ Da Most, should hit the streets later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.