When Sony refused to do things the way he wanted, Lil’ Flip took his masters and walked. Now signed to Asylum, under supervision of Warner Bros. Records, Flip will embark on the long-awaited release of his new album: I Need Mine. When the entire album was prematurely leaked to the Internet this past summer, Flip scrapped the project—kept the title—and went back to square one. On the first single featuring former Sony label mate, Lyfe Jennings, Flip concentrates more on his flow and rides a beat by in-house producers The Synphony.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/06
Clover G Records/BCD Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Busta Clip" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)