When Sony refused to do things the way he wanted, Lil’ Flip took his masters and walked. Now signed to Asylum, under supervision of Warner Bros. Records, Flip will embark on the long-awaited release of his new album: I Need Mine. When the entire album was prematurely leaked to the Internet this past summer, Flip scrapped the project—kept the title—and went back to square one. On the first single featuring former Sony label mate, Lyfe Jennings, Flip concentrates more on his flow and rides a beat by in-house producers The Synphony.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/06
Submit your Rating
Clover G Records/BCD Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Busta Clip" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.