When Sony refused to do things the way he wanted, Lil’ Flip took his masters and walked. Now signed to Asylum, under supervision of Warner Bros. Records, Flip will embark on the long-awaited release of his new album: I Need Mine. When the entire album was prematurely leaked to the Internet this past summer, Flip scrapped the project—kept the title—and went back to square one. On the first single featuring former Sony label mate, Lyfe Jennings, Flip concentrates more on his flow and rides a beat by in-house producers The Synphony.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/06
Submit your Rating
Clover G Records/BCD Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Busta Clip" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.