When Sony refused to do things the way he wanted, Lil’ Flip took his masters and walked. Now signed to Asylum, under supervision of Warner Bros. Records, Flip will embark on the long-awaited release of his new album: I Need Mine. When the entire album was prematurely leaked to the Internet this past summer, Flip scrapped the project—kept the title—and went back to square one. On the first single featuring former Sony label mate, Lyfe Jennings, Flip concentrates more on his flow and rides a beat by in-house producers The Synphony.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/06
Submit your Rating
Clover G Records/BCD Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Busta Clip" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.