If you step to Lil Fame and Termanology, prepare to get gouged in the eye, kneed in the groin, and punched in the kidneys—simply put, the Fizzylogy collaborators Play Dirty. Not that they’ll need to, given their skills and formidable connects. Following Too Tough for TV and the reader-approved title track, this freshly-minted song release finds the duo delivering two-fisted verses over production by boom-bap legend DJ Premier (who flips the titular sample from DMX‘s Get It on the Floor). Primo’s addictive string/piano loops and grimy percussion bring out the best in guest spitters Styles P. and Busta Rhymes, the latter of whom laces the back with one of his most intense 16s in a long minute. (Damn, I miss the old-school Bus-a-Bus.) Fans will be able to find this bellicose banger and much more on Fizzyology, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 6.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the Machine (Remix) ft. Lil Fame & Easy Money" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)