Every city has its own style and way of life, some more appealing than others. In Lil’ Eddie‘s case, he owes pretty much everything that makes him who is to being a Harlem Boy. Folks in the Manhattan neighborhood can attest to the fact that Harlemites know how to stand out in the streets, in the clubs, and on the big stages (Apollo Theater anyone?) Though industry go-to guy Ryan Leslie certainly adds to the song’s flavor with his production expertise, the most important element in play is the up-tempo R&B swag in Eddie’s lyrics, which may bring back memories of Slim‘s hit single So Fly. Though no details have been revealed regarding Lil’ Eddie’s long-awaited debut album, one thing’s for sure: the singer would be foolish not to consider Harlem Boy as a potential opening track.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)