Every city has its own style and way of life, some more appealing than others. In Lil’ Eddie‘s case, he owes pretty much everything that makes him who is to being a Harlem Boy. Folks in the Manhattan neighborhood can attest to the fact that Harlemites know how to stand out in the streets, in the clubs, and on the big stages (Apollo Theater anyone?) Though industry go-to guy Ryan Leslie certainly adds to the song’s flavor with his production expertise, the most important element in play is the up-tempo R&B swag in Eddie’s lyrics, which may bring back memories of Slim‘s hit single So Fly. Though no details have been revealed regarding Lil’ Eddie’s long-awaited debut album, one thing’s for sure: the singer would be foolish not to consider Harlem Boy as a potential opening track.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.