Every city has its own style and way of life, some more appealing than others. In Lil’ Eddie‘s case, he owes pretty much everything that makes him who is to being a Harlem Boy. Folks in the Manhattan neighborhood can attest to the fact that Harlemites know how to stand out in the streets, in the clubs, and on the big stages (Apollo Theater anyone?) Though industry go-to guy Ryan Leslie certainly adds to the song’s flavor with his production expertise, the most important element in play is the up-tempo R&B swag in Eddie’s lyrics, which may bring back memories of Slim‘s hit single So Fly. Though no details have been revealed regarding Lil’ Eddie’s long-awaited debut album, one thing’s for sure: the singer would be foolish not to consider Harlem Boy as a potential opening track.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.