Lil Durk may be new to our pages, but he needs no introduction to Chicago residents; an associate of breakout star Chief Keef, the Windy City up-and-comer has been getting rotation in his native streets all summer thanks to single L’s Anthem. Now signed to Def Jam, the artist is unleashing his local hit upon listeners nationwide in a new, re-mastered version. Taking its name from Englewood thoroughfare Normal Ave (the L stands for “Lamron,” “Normal” backwards) this whip-ready debut single finds the artist dropping heavily-Autotuned rhymes about the lifestyle he and his homies enjoy on the daily, backed by Paris Bueller‘s ominous synths and 808 rhythms. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Durk’s Life Ain’t a Joke LP, scheduled for release October 19. Def Jam has yet to release details on a debut studio album but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dis Ain't What U Want" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.