Lil Durk may be new to our pages, but he needs no introduction to Chicago residents; an associate of breakout star Chief Keef, the Windy City up-and-comer has been getting rotation in his native streets all summer thanks to single L’s Anthem. Now signed to Def Jam, the artist is unleashing his local hit upon listeners nationwide in a new, re-mastered version. Taking its name from Englewood thoroughfare Normal Ave (the L stands for “Lamron,” “Normal” backwards) this whip-ready debut single finds the artist dropping heavily-Autotuned rhymes about the lifestyle he and his homies enjoy on the daily, backed by Paris Bueller‘s ominous synths and 808 rhythms. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Durk’s Life Ain’t a Joke LP, scheduled for release October 19. Def Jam has yet to release details on a debut studio album but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dis Ain't What U Want" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.