Lil Durk may be new to our pages, but he needs no introduction to Chicago residents; an associate of breakout star Chief Keef, the Windy City up-and-comer has been getting rotation in his native streets all summer thanks to single L’s Anthem. Now signed to Def Jam, the artist is unleashing his local hit upon listeners nationwide in a new, re-mastered version. Taking its name from Englewood thoroughfare Normal Ave (the L stands for “Lamron,” “Normal” backwards) this whip-ready debut single finds the artist dropping heavily-Autotuned rhymes about the lifestyle he and his homies enjoy on the daily, backed by Paris Bueller‘s ominous synths and 808 rhythms. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Durk’s Life Ain’t a Joke LP, scheduled for release October 19. Def Jam has yet to release details on a debut studio album but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dis Ain't What U Want" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.