Lil Durk may be new to our pages, but he needs no introduction to Chicago residents; an associate of breakout star Chief Keef, the Windy City up-and-comer has been getting rotation in his native streets all summer thanks to single L’s Anthem. Now signed to Def Jam, the artist is unleashing his local hit upon listeners nationwide in a new, re-mastered version. Taking its name from Englewood thoroughfare Normal Ave (the L stands for “Lamron,” “Normal” backwards) this whip-ready debut single finds the artist dropping heavily-Autotuned rhymes about the lifestyle he and his homies enjoy on the daily, backed by Paris Bueller‘s ominous synths and 808 rhythms. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Durk’s Life Ain’t a Joke LP, scheduled for release October 19. Def Jam has yet to release details on a debut studio album but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dis Ain't What U Want" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.