From rivals on the block to media commentators who implicate him in Southside Chicago’s current epidemic of gun violence, Lil Durk has no shortage of would-be enemies. I say “would-be,” because the entire conflict rests on a misunderstanding—while the aforementioned individuals may think they desire to beef with the artist, Durk knows for a fact that they’ve got it twisted. On Dis Ain’t What U Want, the latest off his Def Jam debut mixtape, the emcee tells us just how unwise it would be to step to his squad. L’s Anthem beatsmith Paris Bueller reprises his role behind the boards, backing Durk’s Auto-Tuned bars with ominous strings and whip-ready percussion. Signed to the Streets as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L's Anthem" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.