From rivals on the block to media commentators who implicate him in Southside Chicago’s current epidemic of gun violence, Lil Durk has no shortage of would-be enemies. I say “would-be,” because the entire conflict rests on a misunderstanding—while the aforementioned individuals may think they desire to beef with the artist, Durk knows for a fact that they’ve got it twisted. On Dis Ain’t What U Want, the latest off his Def Jam debut mixtape, the emcee tells us just how unwise it would be to step to his squad. L’s Anthem beatsmith Paris Bueller reprises his role behind the boards, backing Durk’s Auto-Tuned bars with ominous strings and whip-ready percussion. Signed to the Streets as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L's Anthem" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.