From rivals on the block to media commentators who implicate him in Southside Chicago’s current epidemic of gun violence, Lil Durk has no shortage of would-be enemies. I say “would-be,” because the entire conflict rests on a misunderstanding—while the aforementioned individuals may think they desire to beef with the artist, Durk knows for a fact that they’ve got it twisted. On Dis Ain’t What U Want, the latest off his Def Jam debut mixtape, the emcee tells us just how unwise it would be to step to his squad. L’s Anthem beatsmith Paris Bueller reprises his role behind the boards, backing Durk’s Auto-Tuned bars with ominous strings and whip-ready percussion. Signed to the Streets as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L's Anthem" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!