From rivals on the block to media commentators who implicate him in Southside Chicago’s current epidemic of gun violence, Lil Durk has no shortage of would-be enemies. I say “would-be,” because the entire conflict rests on a misunderstanding—while the aforementioned individuals may think they desire to beef with the artist, Durk knows for a fact that they’ve got it twisted. On Dis Ain’t What U Want, the latest off his Def Jam debut mixtape, the emcee tells us just how unwise it would be to step to his squad. L’s Anthem beatsmith Paris Bueller reprises his role behind the boards, backing Durk’s Auto-Tuned bars with ominous strings and whip-ready percussion. Signed to the Streets as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L's Anthem" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)