From rivals on the block to media commentators who implicate him in Southside Chicago’s current epidemic of gun violence, Lil Durk has no shortage of would-be enemies. I say “would-be,” because the entire conflict rests on a misunderstanding—while the aforementioned individuals may think they desire to beef with the artist, Durk knows for a fact that they’ve got it twisted. On Dis Ain’t What U Want, the latest off his Def Jam debut mixtape, the emcee tells us just how unwise it would be to step to his squad. L’s Anthem beatsmith Paris Bueller reprises his role behind the boards, backing Durk’s Auto-Tuned bars with ominous strings and whip-ready percussion. Signed to the Streets as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Def Jam Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L's Anthem" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)