Having skewered racial privilege on Booth debut White Dude and battle-rapped against Hitler on follow-up Jewish Flow, Philly rhymesayer Lil Dicky applies his comedic chops to a slightly more conventional, less controversial topic on his third feature. While songs about being a little Too High are nothing new to hip-hop, the emcee’s willingness to clown on himself sets this cut apart from your average weed record. Over the Sap-produced beat that backed Game‘s Holy Water, Dicky vividly illustrates the awkwardness that comes with being blazed, as well as the stupid sh*t that goes through a smoker’s head after a few too many hits (”When the sun go behind the clouds, what does it do? Does it smile? Does it show its d*ck? ‘Cause if it’s showing its d*ck I’m tryin’a see that.”). Mickey Finnegan directs the joint’s trippy (and very funny) visual accompaniment. Released back in June, Lil Dicky’s So Hard street album is available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)