Having skewered racial privilege on Booth debut White Dude and battle-rapped against Hitler on follow-up Jewish Flow, Philly rhymesayer Lil Dicky applies his comedic chops to a slightly more conventional, less controversial topic on his third feature. While songs about being a little Too High are nothing new to hip-hop, the emcee’s willingness to clown on himself sets this cut apart from your average weed record. Over the Sap-produced beat that backed Game‘s Holy Water, Dicky vividly illustrates the awkwardness that comes with being blazed, as well as the stupid sh*t that goes through a smoker’s head after a few too many hits (”When the sun go behind the clouds, what does it do? Does it smile? Does it show its d*ck? ‘Cause if it’s showing its d*ck I’m tryin’a see that.”). Mickey Finnegan directs the joint’s trippy (and very funny) visual accompaniment. Released back in June, Lil Dicky’s So Hard street album is available now for free digital download.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.