Having skewered racial privilege on Booth debut White Dude and battle-rapped against Hitler on follow-up Jewish Flow, Philly rhymesayer Lil Dicky applies his comedic chops to a slightly more conventional, less controversial topic on his third feature. While songs about being a little Too High are nothing new to hip-hop, the emcee’s willingness to clown on himself sets this cut apart from your average weed record. Over the Sap-produced beat that backed Game‘s Holy Water, Dicky vividly illustrates the awkwardness that comes with being blazed, as well as the stupid sh*t that goes through a smoker’s head after a few too many hits (”When the sun go behind the clouds, what does it do? Does it smile? Does it show its d*ck? ‘Cause if it’s showing its d*ck I’m tryin’a see that.”). Mickey Finnegan directs the joint’s trippy (and very funny) visual accompaniment. Released back in June, Lil Dicky’s So Hard street album is available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.