This latest remix of Foxx’s hit Wipe Me Down is actually a re-remix (of the Trill Fam remix with Boosie and Webbie‘s vocals). For this go-around, Baton Rouge’s big three teams up with three of New York’s biggest artists; Harlem’s Jim Jones, Bronx’s Fat Joe, and Yonkers’ Jadakiss. Jones shows us exactly why he is New York’s king of the remix guest verse, once again likening his hood life experience to the trend in the song (replacing the track’s signature Shoulders, chest, pants, shoes hook with Car, cash, rims, wheels). Fat Joe seems to fit in just as well, making a reference to his fast life, as well as the Shop Boyz’ Party Like a Rockstar and his Make it Rain ringtone going double platinum, and Jadakiss brings his traditional witty punchlines to the table. With the widespread popularity of the song, as well as three of NYC’s most respected MCs appearing on the track, hopefully, this will be enough to prevent a potential (and often-feared) East Coast-Dirty South war.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.