This latest remix of Foxx’s hit Wipe Me Down is actually a re-remix (of the Trill Fam remix with Boosie and Webbie‘s vocals). For this go-around, Baton Rouge’s big three teams up with three of New York’s biggest artists; Harlem’s Jim Jones, Bronx’s Fat Joe, and Yonkers’ Jadakiss. Jones shows us exactly why he is New York’s king of the remix guest verse, once again likening his hood life experience to the trend in the song (replacing the track’s signature Shoulders, chest, pants, shoes hook with Car, cash, rims, wheels). Fat Joe seems to fit in just as well, making a reference to his fast life, as well as the Shop Boyz’ Party Like a Rockstar and his Make it Rain ringtone going double platinum, and Jadakiss brings his traditional witty punchlines to the table. With the widespread popularity of the song, as well as three of NYC’s most respected MCs appearing on the track, hopefully, this will be enough to prevent a potential (and often-feared) East Coast-Dirty South war.
Written by Burmy on 07/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.