This latest remix of Foxx’s hit Wipe Me Down is actually a re-remix (of the Trill Fam remix with Boosie and Webbie‘s vocals). For this go-around, Baton Rouge’s big three teams up with three of New York’s biggest artists; Harlem’s Jim Jones, Bronx’s Fat Joe, and Yonkers’ Jadakiss. Jones shows us exactly why he is New York’s king of the remix guest verse, once again likening his hood life experience to the trend in the song (replacing the track’s signature Shoulders, chest, pants, shoes hook with Car, cash, rims, wheels). Fat Joe seems to fit in just as well, making a reference to his fast life, as well as the Shop Boyz’ Party Like a Rockstar and his Make it Rain ringtone going double platinum, and Jadakiss brings his traditional witty punchlines to the table. With the widespread popularity of the song, as well as three of NYC’s most respected MCs appearing on the track, hopefully, this will be enough to prevent a potential (and often-feared) East Coast-Dirty South war.
Written by Burmy on 07/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.