First things first: if you, like me, immediately thought of The Lion King‘s Elton John-penned opening number upon reading the title of LiKWUiD‘s latest feature, then take a moment to banish that song from your mental. (And if you weren’t thinking about it, I guess you are now—sh*t.) This Circle of Life is concerned not with animated denizens of the African savanna, but with real people struggling to survive and thrive in contemporary America. Project collaborators 2 Hungry Bros man the boards, crafting an upbeat, head-noddable backdrop for the South Carolina native’s socially critical rhymes, and Mike Carranceja directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. Feeling it? You can expect plenty more hot beats and thought-provoking bars on the artist’s Likwuidity: In Depth street album, scheduled for digital release this August.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sight For Sore Eyes" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.