While New York seems to take most of the credit for creating the East Coast hip hop culture, neighboring city Washington, D.C. has actually made many contributions. In fact, graphic t-shirts, performing with a live band and many a slang word are trends that can be attributed to our nation’s capitol. Letting the world know that not many people can do it quit like they do, emcees Yung E, Mood Streetz and Dre Strong of Likeblood have released the city reppin’ single, Like Us. Over electric guitar-and-synthesizer production courtesy of fellow D.C. musicians Chucky Thompson and Endustreatz, the threesome provides plenty of reasons why their home city might shine a little brighter in the future. Their current mixtape project, WLBR: Likeblood Radio (Vol. 1), is available for download online.
Written by Erica L. on 07/8/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.