Last September, unsigned singer/songwriter William Howard stepped into the Booth with Back & Forth, a Neon Feather-produced jam which he announced would be his “last single for some time.” Well, “some time” has passed, and today the artist—now known by the streamlined stage name Liam Howard—is back with another fresh cut. On Somehow (It’ll All Work Out), the artist foregoes the pop flourishes of previous features in favor of a self-produced piano arrangement accented by subtle synth harmonies. The stripped-down backdrop draws attention to the singer’s distinctive, earthy vocal style (dig that falsetto!) and memorable lyrics. An understated video shot by John Ryan Flaherty rounds out the package. That’s been no word on any future projects from Liam Howard, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.