Last September, unsigned singer/songwriter William Howard stepped into the Booth with Back & Forth, a Neon Feather-produced jam which he announced would be his “last single for some time.” Well, “some time” has passed, and today the artist—now known by the streamlined stage name Liam Howard—is back with another fresh cut. On Somehow (It’ll All Work Out), the artist foregoes the pop flourishes of previous features in favor of a self-produced piano arrangement accented by subtle synth harmonies. The stripped-down backdrop draws attention to the singer’s distinctive, earthy vocal style (dig that falsetto!) and memorable lyrics. An understated video shot by John Ryan Flaherty rounds out the package. That’s been no word on any future projects from Liam Howard, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)