Last September, unsigned singer/songwriter William Howard stepped into the Booth with Back & Forth, a Neon Feather-produced jam which he announced would be his “last single for some time.” Well, “some time” has passed, and today the artist—now known by the streamlined stage name Liam Howard—is back with another fresh cut. On Somehow (It’ll All Work Out), the artist foregoes the pop flourishes of previous features in favor of a self-produced piano arrangement accented by subtle synth harmonies. The stripped-down backdrop draws attention to the singer’s distinctive, earthy vocal style (dig that falsetto!) and memorable lyrics. An understated video shot by John Ryan Flaherty rounds out the package. That’s been no word on any future projects from Liam Howard, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.