Last September, unsigned singer/songwriter William Howard stepped into the Booth with Back & Forth, a Neon Feather-produced jam which he announced would be his “last single for some time.” Well, “some time” has passed, and today the artist—now known by the streamlined stage name Liam Howard—is back with another fresh cut. On Somehow (It’ll All Work Out), the artist foregoes the pop flourishes of previous features in favor of a self-produced piano arrangement accented by subtle synth harmonies. The stripped-down backdrop draws attention to the singer’s distinctive, earthy vocal style (dig that falsetto!) and memorable lyrics. An understated video shot by John Ryan Flaherty rounds out the package. That’s been no word on any future projects from Liam Howard, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.