For some, making music is a job. Others see it as a hobby. To LHA, it represents something deeper: the opportunity to be FREE. Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off Now or Never back in February 2013, the Sydney-repping hip-hop crew return to the Booth with their next album’s lead single, a head-nodding paean to the liberating power of self-expression. Over crewmate Lee Hahn‘s breezy production (created with the help of intrumentalists Nikko, Gurg and Samuel), rapper Addikt expresses his determination to exercise his creative gifts and bring his vision to life, financial compensation be damned. Kimberly Aviso lends her smooth vocals to the record’s hook, and OTFJ ties the package together with some fresh visuals shot in the streets of Tokyo. CLARITY is scheduled for release next month via the group’s own LHAMusic label. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.