For some, making music is a job. Others see it as a hobby. To LHA, it represents something deeper: the opportunity to be FREE. Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off Now or Never back in February 2013, the Sydney-repping hip-hop crew return to the Booth with their next album’s lead single, a head-nodding paean to the liberating power of self-expression. Over crewmate Lee Hahn‘s breezy production (created with the help of intrumentalists Nikko, Gurg and Samuel), rapper Addikt expresses his determination to exercise his creative gifts and bring his vision to life, financial compensation be damned. Kimberly Aviso lends her smooth vocals to the record’s hook, and OTFJ ties the package together with some fresh visuals shot in the streets of Tokyo. CLARITY is scheduled for release next month via the group’s own LHAMusic label. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.