Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Here in the The DJBooth, we are all hip-hop all the time, but that doesn’t mean we don’t like a little EDM and some rock, too; it just isn’t very often that all three come rolled up into one hi-octane jam. Of course, the most important part of My Own Worst Remedy is its hip-hop foundation (My viewpoint is totally unbiased, of course.) and, thanks to Lex One and Mike Beatz, we get it in spades. The collaborators showcase two similarly high-energy, aggressive flows atop the track’s frenetic beat. Speaking of the production, all credit goes to UK duo JC & Lloyd, whose thunderous, ever-changing arrangement incorporates some electronic undertones. Good news for fans of the two KMG Records artists (who haven’t been featured in a hot minute); My Own Worst Remedy is the lead single off a forthcoming collaborative album, entitled No Prisoners, which is due out this summer.
Update: We have added the Alex Engel-directed visuals for Lex One and Mike Beatz’ My Own Worst Remedy single.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.