Booth readers, meet Lex Luger, producer… and emcee. That’s right; the trunk-banging beatsmith has stepped out from behind the boards to try his hand at rhyming on recently-released single Legal. Those who dig the Suffolk, Virginia native’s production style are likely to appreciate his approach to the mic; the bars he delivers are every bit as loud, brash and in-your-face as the bass-booming beat that supports them. Veteran rapper Gangsta Boo, aka “the First Lady of Three 6 Mafia,” lends her own bold and arrogant flow to the opening verse. One of two new solo singles from Lex (The other, Foreign, has yet to hit the Booth.), this joint is unattached to any larger set, but fans can find more powerful instrumentals on his and A-Trak‘s recently-released Low Pros EP1.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"100 Bottles" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.