In her recent, Booth-exclusive interview, LeToya Luckett impressed DJ Z with the admission that, though men are often painted as the perpetrators in relationship-on-the-rocks jams, bad behavior knows no gender, and it’s just as often the ladies that have some apologizing to do. Be that as it may, it’s hard to maintain such a philosophical outlook when it’s you who’s being played for a fool; as the Destiny’s Child alumnus reveals on the second single off sophomore album Lady Love (due out this summer), her initial reaction to a special someone’s infidelity is exactly what you’d expect from any guy or gal in her shoes: she flies into a jealous rage. Shouting, “She Ain’t Got (Sh*t On Me)!,” Luckett makes sure her man knows that he’s made the worst mistake of his life, giving him and that other woman the lyrical beating of a lifetime. Backed by the dancefloor-packing synth stylings of Alienated producer Cory Bold, this woman-scorned scorcher is sure to get the ladies moving, and, provided it doesn’t hit too close to home, leave the fellas tapping their toes as well.
Written by richard on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.