In her recent, Booth-exclusive interview, LeToya Luckett impressed DJ Z with the admission that, though men are often painted as the perpetrators in relationship-on-the-rocks jams, bad behavior knows no gender, and it’s just as often the ladies that have some apologizing to do. Be that as it may, it’s hard to maintain such a philosophical outlook when it’s you who’s being played for a fool; as the Destiny’s Child alumnus reveals on the second single off sophomore album Lady Love (due out this summer), her initial reaction to a special someone’s infidelity is exactly what you’d expect from any guy or gal in her shoes: she flies into a jealous rage. Shouting, “She Ain’t Got (Sh*t On Me)!,” Luckett makes sure her man knows that he’s made the worst mistake of his life, giving him and that other woman the lyrical beating of a lifetime. Backed by the dancefloor-packing synth stylings of Alienated producer Cory Bold, this woman-scorned scorcher is sure to get the ladies moving, and, provided it doesn’t hit too close to home, leave the fellas tapping their toes as well.
Written by richard on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.