After her departure from Destiny’s Child (and eventual replacement by Michelle Williams) in 2000, many wrote LeToya Luckett‘s career off as dead in the water. Six years later, however, the H-Town native released her self-titled solo debut. Featuring radio megahit Torn and its moderately successful follow-up, She Don’t, the album was Platinum-certified. Ready to do it all again in ‘09, LeToya has released a brand-new single (with a video already leaked) written by Grammy (and Best of the Booth) winner Ne-Yo. Fed up with a consistently-disappointing relationship, she decides that she’s Not (going to take it) Anymore—instead, she’ll save everything she’s got left for a man who will treat her right. Bei-Major‘s piano-synth beat gives LeToya’s vocals room to shine, and should help the record get radio rotation. Her sophomore album, Lady Love, will be released on May 19, and Booth-heads should be sure to check back in late April when she stops by for an exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 03/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.