Not featured on the solo tip since way back in 2009, when she linked up with Ludacris to bring us the the reader-acclaimed Regret, LeToya Luckett makes her long-awaited return to The DJBooth with new promo single Don’t Make Me Wait. Debuted yesterday on VH1’s popular comedy/drama, Single Ladies, this slow-burning cut sees the Destiny’s Child alumnus addressing a hesitant man at the local spot. Over the atmospheric keys and studio-tweaked backing vocals of Andre Harris and Jo Blaq, Luckett urges the guy in question to take control of the situation and invite her back to his place: “If you’re a man tell me what we’re doin’ next / I can’t stay here forever… don’t expect me to take the first step.” This seductive jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but Luckett plans to release single numero uno off her third studio album “in a little bit.” When that happens, of course, Booth readers will be among the first to know.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.