Not featured on the solo tip since way back in 2009, when she linked up with Ludacris to bring us the the reader-acclaimed Regret, LeToya Luckett makes her long-awaited return to The DJBooth with new promo single Don’t Make Me Wait. Debuted yesterday on VH1’s popular comedy/drama, Single Ladies, this slow-burning cut sees the Destiny’s Child alumnus addressing a hesitant man at the local spot. Over the atmospheric keys and studio-tweaked backing vocals of Andre Harris and Jo Blaq, Luckett urges the guy in question to take control of the situation and invite her back to his place: “If you’re a man tell me what we’re doin’ next / I can’t stay here forever… don’t expect me to take the first step.” This seductive jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but Luckett plans to release single numero uno off her third studio album “in a little bit.” When that happens, of course, Booth readers will be among the first to know.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.