In his review of
Destiny’s Child alumnus
solo R&B starlet LeToya Luckett’s newly-released sophomore LP, our own Nathan S. pegged Regret as “Ready for Radio,” and, sure enough, the Ludacris-assisted track has now been selected as the album’s third single. In contrast to the dancefloor-scorching She Ain’t Got, which found the singer venting her woman-scorned fury at an unfaithful man and his girl-on-the-side, this cut finds LeToya in a more vulnerable (but still assertive) mode. Over Tank and Jerry “Texx” Franklin ‘s subdued synth-piano boardwork, Luckett lets an ex who wants to get back with her know that a second chance isn’t in the cards. Playing the part of LeToya’s new fella, Luda lives up to his “Guest Verse King” rep, comforting the singer while shooting laid-back lyrical barbs at her former man. As you’d expect from an artist who calls herself Lady Love, LeToya’s got a knack for turning out fresh, ear-pleasing relationship jams. For more musical musings on matters of the heart, pick up a copy of the singer’s latest solo LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.