In his review of
Destiny’s Child alumnus
solo R&B starlet LeToya Luckett’s newly-released sophomore LP, our own Nathan S. pegged Regret as “Ready for Radio,” and, sure enough, the Ludacris-assisted track has now been selected as the album’s third single. In contrast to the dancefloor-scorching She Ain’t Got, which found the singer venting her woman-scorned fury at an unfaithful man and his girl-on-the-side, this cut finds LeToya in a more vulnerable (but still assertive) mode. Over Tank and Jerry “Texx” Franklin ‘s subdued synth-piano boardwork, Luckett lets an ex who wants to get back with her know that a second chance isn’t in the cards. Playing the part of LeToya’s new fella, Luda lives up to his “Guest Verse King” rep, comforting the singer while shooting laid-back lyrical barbs at her former man. As you’d expect from an artist who calls herself Lady Love, LeToya’s got a knack for turning out fresh, ear-pleasing relationship jams. For more musical musings on matters of the heart, pick up a copy of the singer’s latest solo LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.