“Ah, the children of the night… what sweet music they make!” Sorry, I was just practicing my Bela Lugosi impression. Anyway, newly-released single Nightfall, the first Booth feature from up-and-coming West Coast crew The Let Go, finds producer Captain Midnite cooking up an appropriately atmospheric, sampled blend of rock and hip-hop as emcees Type and Kublakai inform their doubters that not even the darkest of skies will keep them from climbing to the top of the game – in fact, they become more fresh as the hour grows later. Topped off with a guest verse from Minneapolis’ own P.O.S., this left -of-center cut should have no trouble seducing listeners with a taste for brooding alternative sounds. Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to accompany The Let Go on further nocturnal wanderings later this month, when the trio’s latest full-length, Morning Comes, arrives on record store shelves.
Listen to More: The Let Go
Written by richard on 04/5/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.