“Ah, the children of the night… what sweet music they make!” Sorry, I was just practicing my Bela Lugosi impression. Anyway, newly-released single Nightfall, the first Booth feature from up-and-coming West Coast crew The Let Go, finds producer Captain Midnite cooking up an appropriately atmospheric, sampled blend of rock and hip-hop as emcees Type and Kublakai inform their doubters that not even the darkest of skies will keep them from climbing to the top of the game – in fact, they become more fresh as the hour grows later. Topped off with a guest verse from Minneapolis’ own P.O.S., this left -of-center cut should have no trouble seducing listeners with a taste for brooding alternative sounds. Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to accompany The Let Go on further nocturnal wanderings later this month, when the trio’s latest full-length, Morning Comes, arrives on record store shelves.
Written by richard on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.