“Ah, the children of the night… what sweet music they make!” Sorry, I was just practicing my Bela Lugosi impression. Anyway, newly-released single Nightfall, the first Booth feature from up-and-coming West Coast crew The Let Go, finds producer Captain Midnite cooking up an appropriately atmospheric, sampled blend of rock and hip-hop as emcees Type and Kublakai inform their doubters that not even the darkest of skies will keep them from climbing to the top of the game – in fact, they become more fresh as the hour grows later. Topped off with a guest verse from Minneapolis’ own P.O.S., this left -of-center cut should have no trouble seducing listeners with a taste for brooding alternative sounds. Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to accompany The Let Go on further nocturnal wanderings later this month, when the trio’s latest full-length, Morning Comes, arrives on record store shelves.
Listen to More: The Let Go
Written by richard on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.