“Ah, the children of the night… what sweet music they make!” Sorry, I was just practicing my Bela Lugosi impression. Anyway, newly-released single Nightfall, the first Booth feature from up-and-coming West Coast crew The Let Go, finds producer Captain Midnite cooking up an appropriately atmospheric, sampled blend of rock and hip-hop as emcees Type and Kublakai inform their doubters that not even the darkest of skies will keep them from climbing to the top of the game – in fact, they become more fresh as the hour grows later. Topped off with a guest verse from Minneapolis’ own P.O.S., this left -of-center cut should have no trouble seducing listeners with a taste for brooding alternative sounds. Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to accompany The Let Go on further nocturnal wanderings later this month, when the trio’s latest full-length, Morning Comes, arrives on record store shelves.
Listen to More: The Let Go Written by richard
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!