Hold up! While most of the Booth’s featured content is suitable for all audiences, this joint is restricted to Gangstaz Only—squares, lames and wannabes need not apply. Be prepared to show your ‘hood credentials at the door. All in? Good. Brought to our attention by Andrew of FakeShoreDrive, the latest mixtape leak (and Booth debut) from the L.E.P. Bogus Boyz finds the Chicago-repping twosome raising a toast to all the real G’s. With beatsmith Frank Dukes’ funky percussion-sample boardwork bumping in the background, Count and Moonie celebrate the considerable influence they hold over the Windy City streets: “Shoot when I say ‘Go,’ move when I say so / High-profile lawyers already paid for.” Lending a hand on the collaborative tip are a veteran twosome whose gangsta bona fides are beyond question; Havoc and Prodigy of Mobb Deep add a dash of East Coast flavor on their hard-nosed guest 16s. Craving more street-ready freshness from the Bogus Boyz? Then keep it locked for the latest details on their Now or Never LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My Zone" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.