Leonard Friend‘s combo of falsetto vocals, erotic themes and eerie, slinky electronic production has earned him comparisons to everyone from Prince and Justin Timberlake to Robin Thicke and Jamie Lidell; in reality, though, there’s nobody out there who sounds quite like the Brooklyn-based singer and producer. Today, the artist returns to showcase his inimitable style once again on freshly-minted EP single Middle of the Night. More upbeat than the previously-featured Every Woman, this cut finds Friend layering Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples over a frantic, four-on-the-floor percussion rhythm and glossy ‘80s synths as he poses a romantic interest the rhetorical question, “Who’s gonna love you in the Middle of the Night?” Fans will be able to find this indie-R&B banger and plenty more where it came from on the artist’s next EP. Keep it locked for further details on the project, which as yet lacks both a title and a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Serious Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.