Leonard Friend‘s combo of falsetto vocals, erotic themes and eerie, slinky electronic production has earned him comparisons to everyone from Prince and Justin Timberlake to Robin Thicke and Jamie Lidell; in reality, though, there’s nobody out there who sounds quite like the Brooklyn-based singer and producer. Today, the artist returns to showcase his inimitable style once again on freshly-minted EP single Middle of the Night. More upbeat than the previously-featured Every Woman, this cut finds Friend layering Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples over a frantic, four-on-the-floor percussion rhythm and glossy ‘80s synths as he poses a romantic interest the rhetorical question, “Who’s gonna love you in the Middle of the Night?” Fans will be able to find this indie-R&B banger and plenty more where it came from on the artist’s next EP. Keep it locked for further details on the project, which as yet lacks both a title and a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Serious Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.