Seeing “2Pac” take the stage with Snoop and Dre at Coachella 2012 was undoubtedly exhilarating but, if you think about it, the concept is a little unsettling: what does it say about our culture that the most popular act at a major music festival was the “living memory” of someone who’s been dead for a decade and a half? On lead EP single Hologram, Leonard Friend departs from the erotic themes of previous features Middle of the Night and Every Woman to tackle that very topic. The artist’s own production, fueled by an addictive series of orchestral hits, backs the artist’s reflections on the uncanny power of nostalgia in conjunction with modern technology. Fans will be able to find this single and much more on Leonard Friend’s LXLF EP, scheduled for digital release February 29.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Serious Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.