Seeing “2Pac” take the stage with Snoop and Dre at Coachella 2012 was undoubtedly exhilarating but, if you think about it, the concept is a little unsettling: what does it say about our culture that the most popular act at a major music festival was the “living memory” of someone who’s been dead for a decade and a half? On lead EP single Hologram, Leonard Friend departs from the erotic themes of previous features Middle of the Night and Every Woman to tackle that very topic. The artist’s own production, fueled by an addictive series of orchestral hits, backs the artist’s reflections on the uncanny power of nostalgia in conjunction with modern technology. Fans will be able to find this single and much more on Leonard Friend’s LXLF EP, scheduled for digital release February 29.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Serious Music" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.