Seeing “2Pac” take the stage with Snoop and Dre at Coachella 2012 was undoubtedly exhilarating but, if you think about it, the concept is a little unsettling: what does it say about our culture that the most popular act at a major music festival was the “living memory” of someone who’s been dead for a decade and a half? On lead EP single Hologram, Leonard Friend departs from the erotic themes of previous features Middle of the Night and Every Woman to tackle that very topic. The artist’s own production, fueled by an addictive series of orchestral hits, backs the artist’s reflections on the uncanny power of nostalgia in conjunction with modern technology. Fans will be able to find this single and much more on Leonard Friend’s LXLF EP, scheduled for digital release February 29.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Serious Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.