More often than not, something that feels really damn good will be hazardous to your health—and nowhere is that rule more applicable than in the realm of love and sex. On LP single Toxic, making its world premiere on our front page, Minnesota hip-hop buzzmaker and first-time featuree Lenerd laments his inability to stay away from a shawty who’s “just no good for [him].” An upbeat, string-led beat by DopeBoyz backs the headliner’s sung and rapped bars, as well as the smooth guest vocals of Courtney Paulson. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on Lenerd’s debut full-length, Pictures for the Blind, set to drop independently in October.
Written by richard on 08/12/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.