Ever gotten so faded that you forgot how to spell the word “faded?” Booth newcomer LEiGH clearly has, as demonstrated by the title of this freshly-minted EP standout. While the THC and alcohol mingling in the Cali recording artist’s bloodstream have affected his orthography, they haven’t prevented him from turning in one hell of a debut feature. Mista Mota‘s icy synth arpeggios and muscular percussion accompany LEiGH as he emphasizes his acute state of intoxication in sung and rapped verses. Vibrant, overdubbed backing harmonies accompany his versatile vocals. This weed and liquor-fueled cut is just one of many offbeat bangers to be found on LEiGH’s Semester EP, available online as of Tuesday, May 28.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.