Ever gotten so faded that you forgot how to spell the word “faded?” Booth newcomer LEiGH clearly has, as demonstrated by the title of this freshly-minted EP standout. While the THC and alcohol mingling in the Cali recording artist’s bloodstream have affected his orthography, they haven’t prevented him from turning in one hell of a debut feature. Mista Mota‘s icy synth arpeggios and muscular percussion accompany LEiGH as he emphasizes his acute state of intoxication in sung and rapped verses. Vibrant, overdubbed backing harmonies accompany his versatile vocals. This weed and liquor-fueled cut is just one of many offbeat bangers to be found on LEiGH’s Semester EP, available online as of Tuesday, May 28.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.