Chi-Town native Legit last appeared on the Booth in 2011 with Yachtzee. So, where has the emcee been over the last two years? Judging from the title of his latest cut, Bonjour II, I’d say he spend some time in France. It isn’t just the title, either; his rhymes display a certain sophistication that can only be found in the high-class culture of the French. Backed by producer Jesse Futerman’s jazzy, sample-based beat, Legit showcases a powerful flow and colorful, tongue-twisting lyrics. Bonjour II is slated to appear on an upcoming project, which is currently untitled and due out before the end of the summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.