Hip-hop always tries to slap a label on artists - Are you underground? Club? Conscious? What are you? - but with genre-bending new artists like Lee Wilson that kind of easy categorization is becoming increasingly difficult. Making his DJBooth.net premiere with his blues/R&B/reggae/etc. flavored new single Soul Kiss (Remix), Lee Wilson at first has all the vocal stylings of a classic soul singer, but listen closer to his harmonies and you’ll hear influences ranging from Spanish singer Marc Anthony to R&B legend Babyface. Fittingly, fellow boundary breaker Mos Def joins Wilson on the Soul Kiss, displaying the same back-to-basics rap style he displayed on his recently released album The Ecstatic. Will Wilson’s unique style translate into a hit, or does his diverse approach miss the mark? That’s up to DJBooth listeners to decide. Wilson’s new album She’s the Girl is available for download now. Steer your browser to theleewilsonmovement.blogspot.com for all the latest from this promising new artist!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.