If there’s one thing I’ve learned from R&B and pop music, it’s that romantic strife is exactly like facing an armed and dangerous enemy on the battlefield. Which raises the question: why hasn’t the U.S. Military put all that experience to use by drafting singers into an all-singing, all-dancing infantry regiment? OK, so that might actually be a terrible idea—though I maintain it would be a fantastic premise for a reality show. In any case, it’s hard not to be inspired by Lee Wilson‘s willingness to Fight (and, potentially, die) for Love on his latest single. On this lovelorn joint, the indie crooner does double duty on the mic and and behind the boards, hooking up with co-producer El Mago to craft a slow-burning, martially tinged instrumental backdrop as he marches into battle against the forces of romantic discord. Boston underground mainstay Termanology provides lyrical cover fire on the back, expressing his determination to stand by his children no matter the state of his relationship with their mother. Like what you’re hearing? This poignant jam and much more can be found on Lee Wilson’s Summer Madness: Love Edition mixtape, due out in late August.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.