If there’s one thing I’ve learned from R&B and pop music, it’s that romantic strife is exactly like facing an armed and dangerous enemy on the battlefield. Which raises the question: why hasn’t the U.S. Military put all that experience to use by drafting singers into an all-singing, all-dancing infantry regiment? OK, so that might actually be a terrible idea—though I maintain it would be a fantastic premise for a reality show. In any case, it’s hard not to be inspired by Lee Wilson‘s willingness to Fight (and, potentially, die) for Love on his latest single. On this lovelorn joint, the indie crooner does double duty on the mic and and behind the boards, hooking up with co-producer El Mago to craft a slow-burning, martially tinged instrumental backdrop as he marches into battle against the forces of romantic discord. Boston underground mainstay Termanology provides lyrical cover fire on the back, expressing his determination to stand by his children no matter the state of his relationship with their mother. Like what you’re hearing? This poignant jam and much more can be found on Lee Wilson’s Summer Madness: Love Edition mixtape, due out in late August.
Written by richard on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.